is an unusual, small,
self-contained building. It was built in 1926, originally as a cardboard
box factory, and has recently been a working forge.
The ground floor
is a semi-basement and the first-floor studio is reached by a teak
staircase. It has a bleached pine floor, white tongue and groove
ceiling and some wall panelling.
The window frames
are cast iron and glazed in the main with opaque glass. There are two
large oblique skylights and double French doors. Light enters the studio
from four different angles, and is bright, soft and even.
There is a small
bathroom and an open plan kitchen area. When not in use, the kitchen
is concealed behind panelling.
the French doors is easy. They open onto an alleyway where vehicles
can park when unloading.